Programming Language that is Spreadsheet/Table Based

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 17:50:40 EST 2006

Omar wrote:
> I'm looking for a programming language or module that sorta looks and
> feels like MS Excel (I love and think in tables), yet has the power and
> open-endedness of python or javascript.  I'm still pretty new to
> python.

PyCells
http://pycells.pdxcb.net/
http://pycells.pdxcb.net/wiki/index.php?title=Basic_Tutorial

> any ideas?  i've been having some fun with VBA in excel
> but I want something I can save as en exe and call my own creation, y'know?

You can also do Excel automation using Python.
http://www.markcarter.me.uk/computing/python/excel.html

There are many packaging tools for Python. Py2exe is the most popular.
Although in Excel's case, it would be difficult to make stand alone.