Py3K idea: why not drop the colon?

Fri Nov 10 21:06:06 EST 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:16:32 -0600, Michael Hobbs wrote:

> Yeah, okay, I didn't read through the details of the PEP. I picked a bad
> example to illustrate a point that is still true. The FAQ also tries to
> argue that it's a Good Thing that join() is a string method, not a list
> method. It also tries to argue that there's a good reason that lists are
> different than tuples. I don't think it would surprising that many
> Python developers don't really buy those arguments either.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, you've just blown your credibility
completely out the water now.

Yes, I'm aware that there are many Python programmers who don't get join()
or lists/tuples, but I'm constantly surprised by that fact. At the risk of
starting another argument, to my mind that's like discovering that there
are professional butchers who don't think that using a sharp knife is a
good idea.

--
Steven.