python GUIs comparison (want)

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 11:47:09 EST 2006

On 4 Nov 2006 08:23:40 -0800, Mudcat <mnations at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using Tkinter for several years now. Recently I have been
> thinking about switching to something else that may have a sharper
> appearance. However I'm not sure what that may be, and if that
> something else is *that* much better than what I'm already using.
>
> Does everyone agree that wxPython looks best on Windows? I've also read
> in a couple of places where Dabo looks pretty good as well.

Dabo uses wxPython, so it looks exactly the same. The difference is in
the coding: writing stuff in wxPython is like writing C++ code, while
creating GUIs in Dabo is like writing Python code. Dabo also has a lot
of tools for creating GUIs visually, but even if you don't use those,
Dabo is a huge improvement over raw wxPython.

--

# p.d.