PythonTidy

Roberto Bonvallet Roberto.Bonvallet at cern.ch
Thu Nov 30 08:21:55 EST 2006

Chuck Rhode wrote:
> I couldn't find a routine to clean up, regularize, and reformat Python
> code, so I wrote one:
>
>  http://www.lacusveris.com/PythonTidy/PythonTidy.python
>
> Now, I'm looking for beta-testers.  Compensation is a bit on the low
> side.  In fact it's limited to the satisfaction of helping out.

$ cat test.py
#!/usr/bin/env python2.5
# vim: set fileencoding=utf-8 :

for i in xrange ( 3) :
  print   i

$ python2.5 PythonTidy.python < test.py
#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

for i in xrange(3):
    print i

About changing the shebang line:  I'll take it as a bug.
About changing the encoding declaration from vim-style to emacs-style:
I'll take it as an insult :)

Both are comments, and should be left that way.  Besides, there is no
officially preferred way for each of them.  BTW, in a recent thread on
this newsgroup, most people said they preferred #!/usr/bin/env python over
#!/usb/bin/python for the shebang line. See http://tinyurl.com/yngmfr .

Best regards.
--
Roberto Bonvallet