disabledforeground or similar for Entry (in Tkinter)

jim-on-linux inq1ltd at verizon.net
Sat Nov 4 19:52:07 EST 2006

On Saturday 04 November 2006 11:03, Dustan wrote:
> Back in this post, I attempted to make a label
> look like a button:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python
>/browse_thread/thread/a83195d3970a6851/2053cbaec
>1bc1f19?auth=DQAAAHkAAAAMDAWnhNnzpuKlwOKZUwAGUTt
>T2Ay-EAB7rCY6SnwfnDzZ98M37bZDW2Is0LrBVrr8XEgPfcu
>OkiUE-CrSsKbBSX-67voDUXfbATBd0eYNMClezby4EXT2fuL
>m6f0llJ_xMO8BfkjVho_7CZvlf_9tNGnJixTbq8zr21ODZBh
>ouQ
>
> Alright, I've learned my lesson - don't use a
> new widget; modify the old one.
>
> Except the Entry widget doesn't have a
> disabledforeground option. Neither does the
> Text widget, but IDLE seems to accomplish
> making a disabled Text look the same as an
> enabled Text in the IDLE Help section.
>
> No, foreground (fg) and background (bg) don't
> make a difference; it still changes the color
> of the Entry widget upon disabling.
>
> There must be something I'm missing here...

My previous post was hasty and we all know,
"Haste makes waste."

Try this;

If you use wiget-01.pack_forget() or
wiget-01.grid_forget(),  you can now build
wiget-02 using wiget-02.pack or grid() for the
same location.

You can reinstall uninstalled wigets by using
pack() or grid() again for those hidden wigets.
However only after uninstalling for the wigets in
those locations.

root = Tk()

test1 = Button(root, text='Test No.1 button', bg =
'yellow', width = 15, height = 10)
test1.grid(row=0, column=0)
test1.grid_forget()

test2 = Button(root, text='Test #2 button', bg =
'green', width = 15, height = 10)
test2.grid(row=0, column=0)

mainloop()

jim-on-linux