Trying to understand Python objects

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Nov 22 18:12:22 EST 2006

"walterbyrd" <walterbyrd at iname.com> writes:

> Is there some book, or other reference, that explains of this? I was
> thinking about "Python for Dummies." The "Think like a Computer
> Scientist" book, and "Dive into Python" book don't seem to explain
> Python's object model clearly enough for me.

The canonical introduction is the Python tutorial::

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/tut/>

To get benefit from this, you should *work through* this document, not
merely read it. Do each exercise and don't go on until you believe you
understand what it's doing.

--
 \     "When I turned two I was really anxious, because I'd doubled my |
  `\   age in a year. I thought, if this keeps up, by the time I'm six |