Unicode/ascii encoding nightmare

Andrea Griffini agriff at tin.it
Tue Nov 7 03:06:24 EST 2006

John Machin wrote:

> Indeed yourself.

What does the above mean ?

> Have you ever considered reading posts in
> chronological order, or reading all posts in a thread?

I do no think people read posts in chronological order;
it simply doesn't make sense. I also don't think many
do read threads completely, but only until the issue is
clear or boredom kicks in.

Your nice "double whammy" post was enough to clarify
what happened to the OP, I just wanted to make a bit
more explicit what you meant; my poor english also
made me understand that you were just "suspecting"
such an error, so I verified and posted the result.

That your "suspect" was a sarcastic remark could be
clear only when reading the timewise "former" reply
that however happened to be lower in the thread tree
in my newsreader; fact that pushed it into the "not
worth reading" area.

> It might help
> you avoid writing posts with non-zero information content.

Why should I *avoid* writing posts with *non-zero*
information content ? Double whammy on negation or
still my poor english kicking in ? :-)

Suppose you didn't post the double whammy message,
and suppose someone else made it seven minutes later
than your other post. I suppose that in this case
the message would be a zero content noise (and not
the precious pearl of wisdom it is because it
comes from you).

> Cheers,
> John

Andrea