Help solving Python 2.5 crash: The instruction "0x7c168f1d" referenced memory at "0x00000001c" ...

Pedro Rodrigues p.m.deandraderodrigues at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:31:22 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

recently, I have installed Python 2.5 in a Windows XP (SP2) system, along
with the numarray, PIL, and PyWin packages. Since then, I've been getting
the following error message whenever I run one of my simulations within
PyWin:

The instruction "0x7c168f1d" referenced memory at "0x00000001c". The memory
could not be "read".

If I run the same simulation from the python interactive shell, it still
crashes but with a different error message:

This application has requested runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

The simulation demands a lot of memory but this shouldn't be the problem as
it run in Windows XP before I switched to version 2.5. I've already tried to
remove version 2.5 and install version 2.4.3 (the one I had before), but the
I get the same problem :(

Has anyone every experienced such a thing? Suggestions on how to solve this?

greetings,
pedro rodrigues