ANN: pyfaq 1.0b1 is now available

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Nov 16 05:41:24 EST 2006

John Machin wrote:

> P.S. Great job on the wiki, and yes a search facility a tad smarter
> than browser Ctrl-F would be a very good idea!

the "effbot.org" version of the PyFAQ is basically just an editing and
staging area; when everyone involved gets enough spare cycles, the plan
is (or at least was) that it's going to be republished here:

     http://www.python.org/doc/faq/

and thus be covered by python.org's search engine, like everything else
on that site.

(but maybe one could use google's new community search, or whatever it's
called, to set up a local search engine for the pyfaq/pyref/pytut zones.
hmm. that's one more thing on my todo list...)

</F>