Python v PHP: fair comparison?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Thu Nov 16 15:04:22 EST 2006

"Demel, Jeff" <Jeff.Demel at JavelinDirect.com> wrote:

> What kind of hosting does one get for $10 a *year*?  And I'm not just
> talking Python here, but any hosting at all.

I pay $12/year (see other posts, I am not going to name them again) for
hosting a phpBB board and wiki, with 100+ members and currently close to
20,000 posts. Minor issues were fixed within about one hour after emailing
the hosting provider. When I had problems with data storage (my fault, I
used too much) my 100 MB was extended to 500 MB without additional costs.

Haven't seen major issues the one year and half the board is up,
everything goes smooth. No idea how a heavy traffic site would go with
them though, my personal page with 14k visitors is hosted somewhere else,
and I pay much more (maybe even too much atm., I am probably going to move
to VPS anyway).

But for a message board for friends, paying less then 20 USD/year, is fine
with me. One friend has her own board & blog with them, and since hosting
comes with cpanel, she didn't need much of my help :-).

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/