httplib continuation packets

Haakon Riiser hakonrk at fys.uio.no
Sat Nov 11 18:43:33 EST 2006

[Fredrik Lundh]

> Haakon Riiser wrote:
>
>> Yes, and it doesn't help.
>
> then the server is mostly likely broken beyond repair.

It's not in my power to upgrade the server, unfortunately.
Guess I'll have to use Perl.

> to see if this really is the problem, you could try moving the call to
> self._send_output() from the end of the endheaders() method to the end
> of the _send_request() method (around line 870 in httplib.py, at least
> in 2.5).

Tried this, but the tcpdump still looks the same (two packets: one
with the headers, one with the body), and now it fails with

urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 501: Not Implemented

Nevertheless, I'm fairly sure that the packet fragmentation is
the culprit.  It works perfectly with Perl, even when I make
no effort at all to spoof the browser (no user-agent, referer,
cookies, etc.).

--
 Haakon