[silly] Does the python mascot have a name ?

Edward Elliott nobody at 127.0.0.1
Sat May 20 14:52:46 EDT 2006

John D Salt <jdsalt_AT_gotadsl.co.uk> wrote:

> Most things don't have names?
>
> I'll believe you if you can give me a list of ten things that don't have
> names.

Chairs, couches, tables, desks, beds, cars, pens, phones, trees, windows
(can you tell how I came up with this list? ;).  Those are all object types
without names to identify individual instances.  "Ed's chair" and "John's
blue car" aren't names to me, just descriptions.  It's like saying "that
temporary object on line 24 of function foo".

Really, how many things *do* have names?  People, pets, computers, ships,
and a few guns?

--
Edward Elliott
UC Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall)