problem with google api / xml

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Wed May 31 14:25:21 EDT 2006

"robin" <robin.meier at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> i installed SOAPpy 0.12.0 and pyXML 0.8.4 in order to try out the
> google-search example in diveintopython
> http://diveintopython.org/soap_web_services/index.html
> however, i'v been trying and trying and won't get it to work :-(
> whenever i run this code, i get the attached exception...
>
> from SOAPpy import WSDL
> WSDLFILE = '/pathtomy/googleapi/GoogleSearch.wsdl'

[...]

> ackages/_xmlplus/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
>     parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
> xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1,
> column 0

Did you check your GoogleSearch.wsdl file? From the error I guess that
something is wrong with the file itself. I Recommend to check it, or
download it again:

http://api.google.com/GoogleSearch.wsdl

No experience with SOAPpy, but with SOAP::Lite (Perl), I can give the uri
to that file (OTOH, hosting it localy might be faster).

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/