how to make the program notify me explicitly

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 17 23:29:06 EDT 2006

"hankssong" <songyi012133 at gmail.com> writes:

> Now I had written the python script (run in the background), but I
> don't know how to make the program notify me explicitly, so I can be
> easily informed.

What methods are available?

Designing your daemon involves figuring out how it will communicate
with the world. Usually this is through communication mechanisms
provided by the operating system, such as the logging service or email
service.

> I don't know whether python can warn me through beeping like C
> program(e.g.:printf("%c", '\07');)

This is information that is easily lost; what if no-one is in hearing
range when the beep occurs?

--
 \              "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very |
  `\                     important that you do it."  -- Mahatma Gandhi |