Non-web-based templating system

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon May 1 23:54:36 EDT 2006

    Alex> I have a certain fondness for the first over-100-lines
    Alex> module I wrote for Python, which eventually resulted in:

As well you should!  YAPTU powers the entire matplotlib website
(screenshots, FAQ, what's new, etc), as evidenced by the "Powered by
YAPTU" co-branding on the bottom of every page

  http://matplotlib.sf.net

with src (*.html.template) at

  http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/matplotlib/trunk/htdocs/

I must confess though that the prehistoric YAPTU version I use comes
in at only 78 lines, so it is clearly time for me to upgrade.  I rely
on it so much I even wrote a debian ubuntu package for local use, as
twisted as that may seem.  I definitely need to check out the latest
version!

JDH