OLAP and pivot tables

George Sakkis george.sakkis at gmail.com
Thu May 25 22:48:51 EDT 2006

After a brief search, I didn't find any python package related to OLAP
and pivot tables. Did I miss anything ? To be more precise, I'm not so
interested in a full-blown OLAP server with an RDBMS backend, but
rather a pythonic API for constructing datacubes in memory, slicing and
dicing them, drilling down or up dimensions and exposing them in some
suitable form to a presentation layer. I've hacked a first cut of a
pivot table implementation and an XHTML generator that produces
hierarchical html tables but it's not particularly general or easily
extensible so far. Is there any interest at all on a pythonic version
of something like JOLAP or XMLA ?

George