NaN handling

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri May 5 18:45:04 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-05, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Our programming expectations may differ, but an option to catch NaNs as
>> an exception is a great idea.

[...]

> Pure Python has a similar, but somewhat less flexible method, on UNIX platforms.
>
>   http://docs.python.org/dev/lib/module-fpectl.html

For which "Unix" platforms?  It's not there under Linux:

Python 2.4.2 (#1, Feb 14 2006, 07:55:13)
[GCC 3.4.4 (Gentoo 3.4.4-r1, ssp-3.4.4-1.0, pie-8.7.8)] on linux2
>>> import fpectl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named fpectl

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Do I hear th'
                                  at               SPINNING of various