'error reading datastream' -- loading file only when transfer is complete?

liuliuliu at gmail.com liuliuliu at gmail.com
Sat May 20 17:08:55 EDT 2006

hello --

i'm running python/pygame on maemo (nokia 770). my situation is that
i'm continually scouring this one directory for incoming files. if i
see if there's a new file (coming in via wireless scp), i proceed to
load it and process it.

however, i think i am running into the issue that my program starts to
load the file after it recognises there is new data, but before the
file has completely transferred, so at unpredictable times i get a
pygame.error: Error reading from datastream.

what is the easiest way to work out this issue? easy being the key
word. :) thank you very much!

christine