Watching serial port activity.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue May 30 10:27:22 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-30, TheSeeker <duane.kaufman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you looked into slsnif
> (http://www.dakotacom.net/~ymg/software.html)

FYI, slsnif won't work for any serial program that needs to use
parity, 7 data bits, or any of the modem control/status lines.

Since all of the serial applications I use need to use actual
serial ports, I've never found slsnif to be useful.  It's
really a shame that pty devices don't support the same set of
ioctl calls that tty devices do.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  World War Three can
                                  at               be averted by adherence