Web framework to recommend (don't use one, use Spyce instead)

Andy Sy andy at neotitans.com
Wed May 17 06:38:58 EDT 2006

Jacky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just started learning Python and would like to starting writing some
> web-based applications with Python.
>
> I did have pretty much experience with doing so with PHP and Java, but
> Python seems a bit different for me.
>
> Do you guys have some good web framework to recommend? (I don't want to
> use CGI mode)
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> Jacky

Spyce is probably the most underappreciated Python
web solution out there.  If you don't want the hassle
of a framework's learning curve, Spyce lets you do
PHP/JSP/ASP style coding using what you already know
about Python and not much else.

It is also more powerful than PHP because it supports
features such as custom tags (ala JSP) and others.

Check out the Wikipedia article below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyce

The important thing to note is that you can transparently
use traditional ASP, JSP style angled brackets <% and %>
and not the confusing [[, ]] that Spyce documentation defaults
to.  I believe this is what may have turned many people (who are
not aware of the more standard alternative) off from using
Spyce.

I however, disagree with the assertion in the wikipedia
article that Spyce is easier to set up than PHP... PHP is
just as easy to set up as Spyce, if not easier...

--
It's called DOM+XHR and it's *NOT* a detergent!