Swaying A Coder Away From Python

Ten runlevelten at gmail.com
Sat May 6 18:52:28 EDT 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 12:57, Tim Williams wrote:
> >   (and why do you
> > seem to think that this matters, btw ?)
>
> I actually think it is complete twaddle

For my part, I have to agree with you on this one.

In terms of any subjective to-and-fro'ing regarding the languages
themselves I did some small research projects using C# and realised
I couldn't find any reason to favour it over other more suitable
languages in most contexts.

*As a language* it's not bad (even though python it ain't), but considering
the number of hoops to be jumped through to adopt it, I'll be
wanting my alpha waves parsed as I sleep into well-commented
colloquial English and run by an English Language JITc with assembly-like
speed before I'll consider using it over python, or php, or C++.

In essence, not a big fan.

>I usually refer to it as "VILE!". As in what Vile thing do I have
>before me.
>
>Emacs all the way baby!

^IAWTP^ Couldn't agree more.

--
There are 10 types of people in this world,