Go "help" the perl list instead Fredrik Lundh

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sat May 27 19:17:34 EDT 2006

D H a écrit :
> Fredrik Lundh wrote:

>>> something like this will probably help.
>>>
>>> x = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]
>>> y = x
>>>
>>> list([x.pop() for z in xrange(len(x))])
>>>
>>> print x, y  # [] []
>>

>> if you don't know how to do things, you don't need to post.
>>
>> if you know why this is about the dumbest way to do what you're doing,
>> and you're posted this on purpose, you really need to grow up.
>>
>> </F>
>

> He already posted before your post that he made a mistake.

Not the same one. Or there are missing posts on my provider's usenet
service.

> You obviously ignored that and invented some argument that he
> posted with malicious intentions.

Fredrik may have been a bit harsh, but the fact is that vbgunz's
solution for clearing a list *is* the dumbest possible - and it should
be obvious for anyone past CS101. Now since a lot of Python newbies read
this newsgroup, uncorrected bad answers are far worse than no answer at all.

> That better describes most of
> your thousands of annoying posts.

Fredrik - aka the effbot - is a Python expert, and a major contributor
here. He's known to be usually very helpful, even for questions that are
in the Fine Manual or in the FAQs. I'm afraid you can say so. You may
not like the way he corrected vbgunz - and I'll wholefully agree on this
- but this last sentence is total bullshit.