Python - Web Display Technology

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun May 21 19:20:20 EDT 2006

"SamFeltus" <sam at nuevageorgia.com> writes:

> I keep trying to understand why people like HTML/JS, I don't think I
> am gonna understand.

It's fairly simple: HTML, CSS and JavaScript have all been
standardised independent of any single corporation, and are freely
implementable, resulting in competing free software
implementations. We can choose or improve upon the implementation we
like, or make our own, and share the result with others.

> I guess for better or worse, Flash is a very different mindset and
> approach to the web.

One that shares none of the above qualities.

--
 \     "If you ever teach a yodeling class, probably the hardest thing |
  `\      is to keep the students from just trying to yodel right off. |