creating a new database with mysqldb

Thu May 18 13:23:52 EDT 2006

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> 	As a client on a shared host, I suspect the provider created a user
> account and A (one) database for that account. The privilege tables for
> that user account would have been set so that only that database is
> available. The account would have full privileges within that database,
> and no privileges to access any other database (including the mysql
> master tables). Depending the strictness of the provider, the account
> may or may not allow for connections from outside hosts, or only from
> "localhost" (ie, CGI applications that are running on the provider's
> machine, and not via "mysql -u user -h somewhere.out.there -p" or
> programmatic equivalents)

I know for sure I can't connect from anywhere else, only the server
itself. But I *think* I have full privileges to do what I want with the
database, but I need to do some further checking, I suppose. It says I
have 'amdmin privilegs' but that might not be the same as what I need to
create databases outside of the control panel.