A critic of Guido's blog on Python's lambda

Paul Rubin http
Sat May 6 21:10:57 EDT 2006

Bill Atkins <NOatkinwSPAM at rpi.edu> writes:
> Fair enough. But what does Python offer above any garbage-collected
> language that makes it so scalable?

I think what used to be Lisp culture now uses the *ML languages or
Haskell.  It's only throwbacks (which includes me sometimes) who still
use Lisp.  I've been wanting for a while to do something in ML but
just haven't worked up enough steam for it.  Python really does make
small and medium-sized tasks easy, even compared with Lisp.  I'm still
reserving judgement about how it is at large tasks.