Can Python installation be as clean as PHP?

Peter Maas peter.maas at somewhere.com
Wed May 10 16:53:21 EDT 2006

Jack wrote:
> With Python, things are really messy. I have to run the installer
> to install dozens of directories and hundreds of files, and I don't
> really know if  all of them are necessary.

PHP has LOTS of functions in a single namespace. I don't know wether
they are in separate files or packed in the exexutable but I'm sure
that you don't need them all ;)

> Plus, lots of libraries
> are in .py, which is of course not as efficient/clean as having all
> of the core functions built-in in the C/C++ core, like in PHP.

Python is faster than PHP in most situations (2-3x). Look at
http://dada.perl.it/shooutout for win32 and
http://shooutout.alioth.debian.org for linux.

Peter Maas, Aachen