where do you run database scripts/where are DBs 'located'?

Sat May 13 14:49:06 EDT 2006

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Fri, 12 May 2006 21:00:49 -0400, John Salerno
> <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:
>
>> Latest development: I turned off my firewall and it worked. :)
>
> 	Next step -- figure out what rule you need to define to the firewall
> to permit it to work...

Yeah, that's actually what I'm trying to do now. I'm not sure how to
define it, but I assume it has something to do with 3306, since that's
the default.

I remember when I first installed MySQL on my computer, it would never
get past the configuration wizard, also because of a port/firewall
issue. So I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it with the firewall
off and it worked fine. And this works fine too with the firewall off, I
just need to figure out what the criteria are for the new rule I need.