Python for Perl programmers

Christoph Haas email at christoph-haas.de
Fri May 5 04:21:37 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:02:52PM -0400, A.M wrote:
> Is there any efficient online resource or book that help experienced Perl
> programmers to Python?

I've been using Perl for a decade and had a hard start into Python. Mainly
because I used those "phrasebooks" and tried to convert my Perl syntax
statement-by-statement. However Python doesn't just have another syntax but
also other concepts. It's worth working yourself through the diveintopython
tutorial. Or if you want to spend money I strongly recommend the book
"Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional" (ISBN 159059519X) because
you learn a lot about daily problems and gotchas, too.

Besides from the "I'm cool because I'm the only one who can read my code"
factor that Perl delivers Python has everything you need. :)

Kindly
 Christoph