Python - Web Display Technology

Blair P. Houghton blair.houghton at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:43:09 EDT 2006

Sybren Stuvel wrote:
> Heiko Wundram enlightened us with:
> > And: the web is a platform to offer _information_. Not to offer
> > shiny graphics/sound [...]
>
> Many would disagree...
>
> Not me, but I know a lot of people that would.

I would.  Most people would, once they realize that shiny/flashy is
information too.

High "production values" affect value-determining centers of the brain,
bypassing the linguistic and logical centers.  They make you understand
that the thing you're being presented is "worth something".

Most of the time, it's only worth a fat cash profit to the person doing
the presenting, who is giving you a piece of junk at an inflated price.
 But your brain doesn't care.  It's got a shortcut to your wallet, and
the information on the screen is accessing that.

--Blair