Setting up InformixDb

The Shaffer s noemail at junk.com
Sat May 13 14:09:19 EDT 2006

I have an informix database on a unix machine which I want to access. I
downloaded InformixDb-2.2 and managed to get it built and installed and it
works fine with python.

My problem is I want to access the same database from a PC remotely. Yes, I
already have informix setup and configured on the unix machine to accept
connections remotely. And, I can connect to it fine from an ODBC interface
to Excel and Access.

But, to build the informix module requires the INFORMIXDIR environment
variable set to it which I don't believe I can set to a remote machine.

So, how can I get this module built without having an informix installed on
my PC?

Thanks.

Ken