help with this simple DB script

Tue May 16 22:48:16 EDT 2006

trebucket at gmail.com wrote:
> This is probably causing a problem:
> !#/usr/bin/python
>
> It should be "#!", not "!#".

Ugh! So stupid! Thanks for correcting that, but it wasn't the only problem.

> If that doesnt' work, add this line at the top of your script, to check
> that the script is begin executed:
>
> print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n"
> print "Hello, World!"

Yes, this part gets executed.

> If you still get an Internal Server Error put the following before you
> import MySQLdb:
>
> import cgitb; cgitb.enable()

This produces a page with a ProgrammingError
(http://www.johnjsalerno.com/server_db_test.py), but the main part I
guess is this:

ProgrammingError: (1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'number(2))' at line 1")

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the syntax though. I don't think
I need semicolons (a sample I saw didn't use them).