Software Needs Philosophers

Burton Samograd kruhft at gmail.com
Sun May 21 15:17:55 EDT 2006

Pascal Bourguignon <pjb at informatimago.com> writes:

> "SamFeltus" <sam at nuevageorgia.com> writes:
>> Software needs philosophers is an interesting point, perhaps the most
>> important function of Philosophers is exposing Sacred Cows as just
>> Cattle.
>
> As I see it philosophers have a big problem: nobody need them, so
> they're out of job.  That's why we see occasional articles "X needs
> philosophers".  I just ask: where are the job offers?

Some might think that Aristotle's categorization and type theories
might have created a few jobs in our current hobby/profession.  There
are many types of philosophy, but from what I've read, the most
interesting the the mental deconstructionism of reality on a
humanistic linguistic level, similar to mathematics without all the
abbreviations.

No, there aren't any jobs for philosophers, and their works are
generally very underappreciated during thier lives, but it's quite
difficult to say that it's useless, just often misunderstood by the
less forward thinking people of their time.

--
burton samograd					kruhft .at. gmail
kruhft.blogspot.com	www.myspace.com/kruhft	metashell.blogspot.com