Python - Web Display Technology

Luis M. González luismgz at gmail.com
Sun May 21 19:19:28 EDT 2006

IMHO, there's nothing more annoying that a website showing me a
progression bar, indicating how much time it will get to provide the
information I'm looking for...
And when the progression bar ends, I have to wait until the flashy
graphics and stupid presentation shows me the "go to html site"...

I use the web for working. I work in international trade and I'm all
the time looking for new products, searching for information, technical
specifications, etc, etc...
Flash, when using sparingly, could give an elegant touch to a web site.
But when abussed, it is very annoying. It makes me waist my time and my
patience....

And finding a website that uses Flash apropiately, is very unusual.
Most of the times, they are loaded with heavy animations (most of them
boring).
The more I see it, the more I like the old fashioned html style...

And now with "Vista", "Avalon",  and all those new buzzwords coming
soon, I don't know where we are going...all I know is that we will need
1 GB of ram just to keep on seeing the same stupid animations that get
on my way when I'm working...