Anyone compiling Python 2.3 on an SCO OpenServer 5 box?

rbsharp at gmx.de rbsharp at gmx.de
Fri May 26 03:53:19 EDT 2006

I have a lot to do with Python and SCO but I never got above Python2.2
but that probably relates to the fact that I need to statically link
some libraries into python. My notes on this subject are that if you
need dynamic linking configure has a problem finding libdl.so, and that
therefore you have to use the compiler flag "-b elf", before you do
./configure. I do it with:
CC=cc
CFLAGS="'-b elf"'

If you already have done a configure, you might need to do "make clean"
and possibly delete config.cache to make sure configure starts from
scratch.

Regards,
Richard Sharp