Gettings subdirectories

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 3 19:00:59 EDT 2006

"BartlebyScrivener" <rpdooling at gmail.com> writes:

> >> root, dirnames, filenames = os.walk(r"C:\").next()
>
> Wow. How does that work? Just point me to where I can read about it. I
> don't see it under os.walk.

We must be reading different Python websites.

    walk(top[, topdown=True  [, onerror=None]])

    walk() generates the file names in a directory tree, by walking
    the tree either top down or bottom up. For each directory in the
    tree rooted at directory top (including top itself), it yields a
    3-tuple (dirpath, dirnames, filenames).

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/lib/os-file-dir.html#l2h-1638>

--
 \     "Sittin' on the fence, that's a dangerous course / You can even |
  `\    catch a bullet from the peace-keeping force"  -- Dire Straits, |