excel centering columns

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 17 21:53:12 EDT 2006

Lance Hoffmeyer <lance at augustmail.com> writes:

> import win32com.client
> import re
> import codecs
> import win32com.client.dynamic
> import time
> import datetime
> from win32com.client.dynamic import Dispatch
> from win32com.client import constants

These statements create code objects (some of them module objects) and
give them names you can use later. They're like assignment statements,
but a shortcut that also makes the code objects.

> sh2.Columns(lastcol).HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?
> NameError: name 'xlCenter' is not defined

Yep, since you have no name 'xlCenter' bound to anything.

> sh2.Columns(lastcol).HorizontalAlignment = constant.xlCenter
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?
> NameError: name 'constant' is not defined

Yep, since you have no name 'constant' bound to anything.

You do have the name 'constants' though; you imported it from
'win32com.client'. Perhaps that's what you meant?

--
 \        "I have one rule to live by: Don't make it worse."  -- Hazel |
  `\                                                          Woodcock |