using import * with GUIs?

Wed May 31 15:23:29 EDT 2006

Hi all. Quick question (but aren't they all?) :)

Do you think it's a good idea to use the 'from <name> import *'
statement when using a GUI module? It seems on wxPython's site, they
recommend using import wx nowadays, but I wonder if that advice is
followed. Also, I'm still reading some Tkinter docs that seem to use
'from Tkinter import *' a lot.

I understand the danger of doing this, but is it safer in these cases,
given the more specific names that GUI frameworks tend to use
(sometimes!)? Or should you still qualify all your calls with the module?