How to couple pyunit with GUI?

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Thu May 18 07:43:53 EDT 2006

Hi Mark,

On 5/18/06, Mark Geyzer <mark.geyzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fabio, thank you for your response, but I'm afraid that you misunderstood
> me - probably, I was not too clear. I do no test GUI - on the contrary, I am
> testing a HW interface. What I do need is a GUI equivalent of the
> TextTestRunner method. Any ideas?

My fault, I did  just a 'fast-read'.

Well, I use pydev (http://pydev.sf.net), which allows me to select a folder
and then recursively run all the unit-tests below that folder. Pydev is the
gui, but the underlying module that actually runs the tests does not
actually need a gui (I'm sending it attached). Just send it the dir you want
and it will recursively inspect the modules, get the unit-tests and run
them.

You can probably easily extend it to run the files you want and not get
things recursively if you don't want it... But with all that, It is still a
command-line utility -- if you stilll want a gui to it, try pydev, which
will allow you to right-click a folder and run all the unit-tests below it.

Cheers,

Fabio