IronPython 1.0 Beta 7 Released

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Thu May 25 01:49:43 EDT 2006

Also, IronPython cannot access CPython libraries. So it cannot be used
as a drop-in replacement for CPython in most non-trivial apps. Python
for .NET however allows you to both use both CPython and .NET
libraries.

> Ironpython is not a first class .NET language.
> That means that although you can write programs that run on .NET and
> you have access to all its libraries, you can't write libraries that
> could be consumed by other languages.

I was hoping that it would eventually, like Jython by method signatures
in docstrings. But if it does not, I wonder what significant benefit
does it provide at all compared to Python for .NET (once the .NET 2.0
version is out, atleast).