I'm just not cut out for web programming, I guess :)

Wed May 17 23:01:59 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> Ok, I've tinkered with this thing for a while, and I keep fixing little
> problems, but I always get a 500 Internal Server error when I go to this
> site:

Ok, in case anyone is curious, I figure out my problems. Let me first
give you a hint: my web server is running Python 2.2.1

On to the fun:

1. cgi traceback was not being displayed because the problem was with
the first import statement; i moved import cgitb above it and finally
got the nice-looking traceback info

2. i was importing itertools, which of course is not standard

3. i was using the built-in set(), which is new in 2.4

4. i tried to import sets, but that was new in 2.3

So the bottom line is I'm kind of screwed until I can get 1and1 to
update their Python! :) But at least I figured out some stuff.