Proposal for new operators to python that add syntactic sugar for hierarcical data.

glomde tbrkic at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 07:48:36 EDT 2006

> Adding ugly and unintuitive "operators" to try to turn a general purpose
> programming language into a half-backed unusable HTML templating
> language is of course *much* more pythonic...

IT is not only for HTML. I do think html and xml are the biggest
creators of
hierarcical treestructures. But it would work for any package that
manipulates,
creates hierarchical data. I used HTML as example since it is a good
example and
most people would understand the intention.

But could you elaborate on your comment that it is unusable. Do you
think all template systems are unusable or what is the specific reason
you think what i propose is unusable?

IMO it is a mix between yml and python. Yml has the advantage that it
can be read by many programming languages but the disadvantage is that
it is static.