Web framework comparison video

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Mon May 8 09:26:00 EDT 2006

Sybren Stuvel enlightened us with:
> Perhaps I'll look into Plone for my site in the future ;-)

I take that back. The Plone webserver is hosted by XS4ALL, the best
ISP in The Netherlands, which resides in Amsterdam. I happen to live
in Amsterdam too, so you'd expect the site to be fast. Well, it took 5
to 15 seconds to get a page from their FAQ[1], which is just way too
slow. As a comparison, the XS4ALL website[2] took only 0.4 seconds. I
tested it using "time lynx -dump $URL >/dev/null".

[1] http://plone.org/documentation/faq/products-for-plone
[2] http://www.xs4all.nl/

> For now, I'm very happy with my own framework
> (http://www.unrealtower.org/engine)

Looks like I'll be happy a while longer!

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa