Question about exausted iterators

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu May 18 18:42:57 EDT 2006

"Christophe" <chris.cavalaria at free.fr> wrote in message
news:446c2dea$0$5306$626a54ce at news.free.fr...
>Instead of saying that all works as intended could you be a little
>helpful and tell me why it was intended in such an obviously broken way
>instead ?

I answered both your explicit and implied questions in good faith.  But you
seem to be too attached to your pre-judgment to have benefited much, so I
won't waste my time and yours saying more.  Instead I suggest that you try
this:

1. Write a specification for your an alternate, more complicated, iterator
protocol.
2. Write a simple class with .next method that implements your
specification.
3. Test your class with your example.
4. Consider how you would persuade people to add the extra machinery
needed.
5. Consider what you would do when people don't.

If you want, post a report on your experiment, and I will read it if I see
it.

Terry Jan Reedy