A critic of Guido's blog on Python's lambda

Pisin Bootvong joesb.coe9 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 05:13:09 EDT 2006

Antoon Pardon wrote:
> Op 2006-05-09, Pisin Bootvong schreef <joesb.coe9 at gmail.com>:
> > Is this a Slippery Slope fallacious argument?
> > (http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SlipperySlope)
>
> No it is not.
>
> [...]
>
> So the question I have is: Why is requiring me to give this function
> a name considered a good thing, when it leads to a situation that
> is considered bad practice in case of a number.
>
> --

Slippery Slope::
       "Argumentation that A is bad, because A might lead to B, and B
to C, and we all know C is very bad."

> Why is requiring me to give this function
> a name considered a good thing, when it leads to a situation that
> is considered bad practice in case of a number.

A === "requiring me to give function a name"
no B
C === "requiring me to give number a name"

"Argumentation that requiring one to give function a name is bad,
because that might lead to requiring one to give number a name, and we
all know that that is very bad."

Now you tell me which part of that is not Slippery slope argument.

  -- Or are you trying to make a sarcastic joke? I'm sorry if I didn't
get it. --