performance problem of streaming data over TCP

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat May 20 02:37:19 EDT 2006

Changhao wrote:

>      I am implementing a protocol on top of 'asyncore.dispatcher' to
> send streaming multimedia data over TCP socket. However, I found that
> the throughput of my current implementation is surprisingly low.

I'm not sure what you think you're doing in your code, but I'm quite
sure that using a home-brewed blocking loop inside an event handler in a
high-performance asynchronous framework isn't exactly the best way to
get good performance.  Have you tried using asyncore for asynchronous
communication ?

</F>