Help System For Python Applications

redefined.horizons at gmail.com redefined.horizons at gmail.com
Tue May 16 11:52:41 EDT 2006

I did some searching for this topic, but couldn't find anything. A
search of this list only turned up an old post from 2002.

I'd like to add a comprehesive help system to my Python Application. By
"comprehensive" I mean regular "read-like-a-book" help and context
sensitive help that can be launched from the application.

Is there an existing system in Python that would support this, or would
I need to start from scratch?

On a related note, is there a way to fire up Adobe's Acorbat Reader or
and Web Browser from Python and have the external application open a
specified PDF or HTML file? (For example, I want to open the file
"myhelp.pdf" in reader from Python code.)

Could you give me an example of the code that would do this?

Thanks for all the help on my help. :]

Scott Huey