os.time()

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue May 30 06:48:59 EDT 2006

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Anthony wrote:
>

>>i have a problem with the os.times() command, on different Python
>>versions, i get different printout:
>
> <snip/>
>
>>and on the 3 servers, the linux command: $date
>>returns the same value.....
>>
>>any suggestions???
>>what is the command that gives me the actual time?
>

> time.time(), not os.times(). The latter is for process-times. No idea why it
> can become _negative, though.
>
> Diez

WANTED: reliable benchmarks to improve Python speed/performance estimation.
REWARD: the thanks of the whole community.

I spent some time at the recent Need For Speed sprint addressing
benchmarking questions, and discovered that we need more benchmark tests
for speed and perfomance. Sean Reifenshneider seems to be on the trail
of one addition, but the, more the merrier. It's not easy to write good
benchmarks ...

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com