hyperthreading locks up sleeping threads

Delaney, Timothy (Tim) tdelaney at avaya.com
Tue May 9 18:50:56 EDT 2006

OlafMeding at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for trying and reporting the results.  Both of you and Tim and
> Dave have run the .py program now (all on hyper-threaded CPUs) and
> none of you were able to reproduce the problem.
>
> So that indicates that there is something special about our PC.  We
> are planing to re-install Windows XP (and nothing else) and try again.

Hmm - you say you've got multiple identical machines that it hangs on -
were they all built by putting the same disc image on them? Or from a
customised XP install? If so, that might indicate that there's something
specific to the XP install. Otherwise it may well be specific to the
hardware ... :(

Tim Delaney