A critic of Guido's blog on Python's lambda

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmail.com
Fri May 12 19:44:26 EDT 2006

jayessay <nospam at foo.com> writes:

> > Great -- so can I see some code? Can't be that difficult, it takes about 10-15
> > lines in python (and less in scheme).
>
> Do you actually need the code to understand this relatively simple concept???

Yes. I'd be genuinely curious to see how an implementation in Java, Pascal, C,
(or any other language that has little more than dictionaries) compares to
python and CL.

In my limited understanding I have trouble seeing how you'd do without either
unwind-protect/try-finally or reliable finalizers for starters.

'as