Iterating generator from C

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon May 15 11:35:34 EDT 2006

Sven Suursoho wrote:

>>>  Is there any way to rewrite following program to handle returned
>>> generator  without hitting this bug?

The only way I can think of getting around this is to make
sure that there is always a running python frame.
This would be possible if you can control how the
extension is called.

> Unfortunately, this is not an option because I can't control used
> environment: I'm trying to improve PostgreSQL's stored procedure
> language PL/Python and this software can be used everywhere.

Then there is no other way than to report the bug, get the
fix back-ported and nagging the PL/Python maintainers
to update things after the fix.
Also a test should be added which is probably missing since a while.

I'd put a warning somewhere that generators are broken in
debug mode, file an issue as well, but avoid trying to hack
around this. It would make the bug even more resistent :-)

ciao - chris